Vacancy] Global is looking for a Commercial Talent Partnership Manager
Global is directly looking for a:
Commercial Talent Partnership Manager (Celebrity & Influencer Booker / AD level agency-side)
We are Global. We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Commercial Talent Director
Overview of job
Supporting the Commercial Talent Director and Head of Commercial Talent in the full lifecycle of celebrity/talent/influencer campaigns across Global channels (video, events, on-air, outdoor & podcasts). We deliver talent for hundreds of projects a year, so this role requires energy and passion for booking & handling celebrity marketing campaigns.
3 best things about the job
- Variety of campaigns and clients
- Exposure to all areas of the business
- Working with varied Talent across Global brands!
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Hit the ground running leading your own campaigns (booking & being responsible for delivery)
- Shown detailed understanding of Global brands & channels
- Got up to speed with department processes
- Be working collaboratively with cross-department partners and talent
- Bringing in fresh & exciting talent suggestions for commercial briefs
Responsibilities of the role
- Reviewing inbound talent briefs & refining deliverables in order to create a clear, manager/agent facing proposal - including clearly defining parameters of IP usage, inputting expertise on what specific talent will/will not do, and advising on level of talent/s achievable for available budget.
- Strategic talent shortlisting - able to intuitively suggest talent based on broad knowledge of the culture & entertainment landscape, with an added data-driven approach validating campaign fit via audience analytics.
- Always working in a solution-orientated, collaborative way with the many Global departments involved in projects featuring talent.
- Ongoing engagement of the entertainment talent industry, cross-culture (music, film & TV, gaming, influencer, sport etc.), keeping across the latest rosters, researching interesting up & coming talent, and actively bringing fresh exciting and relevant talent into our Global ecosystem.
- Nurturing trust and respect with managers and agents through providing an outstanding experience for both them and their talent.
- Able to adhere to robust systems & processes for all aspects of talent delivery, proactively suggesting ways we can improve & refine as needed.
- Using industry contacts (management/agents) for additional, on-brief suggestions.
- Negotiation of talent deliverables – achieving competitive terms & fees, and leading full execution of deal memos.
- Overseeing delivery of talent campaign, supported by an Account Manager – including scheduling, attending shoots/events, ensuring talent delivers all agreed assets, seeking prompt approvals/feedback on creative & leading all aspects of project finance, and reporting.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Extensive, proven history of leading successful influencer/celebrity campaigns, used to dealing directly with talent managers rather than via 3rd party brokers, and preferably with experience of booking a wide range of talent from music & influencers to film & TV.
- Experience Talent handling at all levels. Understand and anticipate expectations.
- Wide interest & knowledge of talent in the entertainment industry across multiple passion points relevant to our broad set of Global brands.
- Marketing expertise with a detailed understanding of Talent Partnerships as part of a cross media campaign.
- Soft skills: Positive mental attitude & highly collaborative. You find it easy to communicate effectively with different personalities and individuals at all levels and are able to calmly handle difficult situations, achieving mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Organised: You can flawlessly manage multiple projects, work at pace & prioritise workstreams for yourself & your direct report on projects.
- Team development: Line/people management experience required. You’re a people-first, manager, happy to support & share your expertise with junior team members, helping them develop their skills.
- Learning & progression: able to take constructive feedback, learn new things, and are keen to get involved in wider initiatives & make a difference at Global.
- Professional: able to manage confidential and commercially sensitive information with discretion.
- Commercial excellence: Effective negotiator, able to lead on negotiation & delivery of contracts, understand how our business generates revenue & can spot growth opportunities for the Global Business.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you. Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.