[Vacancy] Global is looking for a Publicity/PR Manager - LBC & Global Player
Global is directly looking for a:
Publicity/PR Manager – LBC & Global Player at Leicester Square, London
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Overview of job
Global’s Communications team has a new and exciting opportunity for an established publicity manager or news/political journalist to work on some of LBC’s highest profile programmes, including our nightly news show, and Global Original podcasts.
The successful candidate will drive awareness for LBC’s agenda-setting programming, work with incredible talent on brands that are experiencing record growth, as well as run campaigns for new podcast formats.
3 best things about the job
- The brand-new role combines the high impact of fact-paced news PR which leads the news agenda, with the ability to deliver creative and strategic publicity campaigns.
- You’ll be working with some of the UK’s most popular, experienced and dynamic broadcasters and presenters.
- You’ll be joining a collaborative and welcoming team with the opportunity to work on projects where we all come together, such as our world-class events including Capital’s Summertime Ball and Classic FM Live!
Measures of success - In the first few months, you would have:
- Helped deliver high impact national news coverage for LBC and its nightly news programme across online, print and broadcast media.
- Established yourself as a core member of the LBC team.
- Successfully launched a wide variety of exciting Global Original podcasts.
- Built good relationships with key teams and talent at LBC and Global, and developed closer relations with target media, including the lobby.
- Kept key media up to date with newslines, stories and content from LBC, major programming strands and podcasts.
Responsibilities of the role
- Work closely with LBC’s programming, production and digital teams to identify news stories ; write, collate and issue media releases and content, to secure impactful editorial and video coverage.
- In particular, a focus will be LBC’s nightly news programme, therefore this will involve working evening hours and a later finish, Monday to Thursday, at 8.30pm.
- Build positive relationships with talent, programming, production companies and key partners.
- Working alongside the Senior Publicity Manager and the Publicity Manager (LBC, Classic FM and Smooth), further develop relationships with key news media and the lobby.
- Work closely with Global’s brand marketing and social teams to ensure the paid/owned/earned model is fully maximised.
- Create strategies for Global Original podcasts and video to grow audiences and encourage both podcast listening and app downloads.
- Create and deliver comms strategies to launch new podcasts, either directly or by working with Global’s roster of brilliant PR agencies, talent agents and PRs.
- Manage podcast publicity campaigns, from launch through to series end.
- Manage lines against enquiry and crisis comms as required.
- Continually look for earned media opportunities, across print, social and broadcast, including other podcasts.
- Write messaging and media materials, such as media releases, presenter briefs, pitches and Q&As.
- Support the Global comms team with collating, writing and placing the results of RAJAR data.
- Also support the comms team to deliver the publicity plans for, and media management of, Global’s live events and initiatives, including The Global Awards, Global’s charity, Make Some Noise, and Capital’s Summertime Ball and Jingle Bell Balls.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A solid track record of publicity in a fast-paced news/political environment and a passion for news.
- Ability to manage own workload effectively, to multi-task and assess priorities and demands to meet deadlines, often at short notice and under time pressure.
- Superb skills to identify newslines and write crisp, clear and accurate media releases and copy, which include video content.
- Excellent relationships with news media and the lobby and an understanding of their needs and requirements, from copy to video.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A solid understanding and use of social media and podcasts for promoting content.
- Experienced in high-profile talent handing.
- An appetite to work in the world of podcasting and on the UK’s number one commercial news talk brand.
The candidate will also have the following skills and attributes:
- Energetic, hard-working and proactive.
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of the current news agenda.
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organised, efficient and focused.
- Able to move things forward at a pace.
- A team player and a willingness to learn from others.
- Resilient and enjoys a challenge.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you. Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.
Are you interested in this job? Apply here. If you have any questions regarding this job you can call 020 7766 6000 or send an email to email@example.com.
Join the Marketing Report Group on LinkedIn!