[Vacancy] Global is looking for a Social Media Editor Radio X - London
Global is directly looking for a:
Social Media Editor Radio X - London
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
This role reports to the Digital Managing Editor Radio X and Global Audience Development Director.
Overview of job
The purpose of this role is to handle and lead social media and community activity for Radio X. You’ll work across on-air and online to build outstanding social media content and will be responsible for driving growth and engagement across all of Radio X’s social platforms!
You’ll do everything from optimising social article headlines and making memes, to conceiving and producing video ideas with the Global video team. This is a fast paced role for a creative individual with digital content skills and a strong grasp of what engages digital audiences.
3 best things about the job
- Fast paced
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Developed a new video format for Radio X on social platforms.
- Launched one of Radio X’s events and taken part in marketing the show!
- Worked with at least one of the programming teams on a social campaign
- Collaborated with the marketing team on a fresh way of reaching a new audience
Responsibilities of the role
- Stay on top of the latest trends and conversations across social media and artist communities relevant to the Radio X brand, with a view to contribute/produce daily editorial content
- Work with the Radio X on-air and online teams to help support daily conversations across our various social media platforms.
- Work with video team to produce new clips and series that drive views and increase engagement.
- Work with Digital Managing Editor to maintain relationships with key artists and digital partners who are relevant to Radio X and its ongoing activity.
- Work with commercial teams to develop social ideas for clients and deliver campaigns effectively
- Generate ideas and produce social content with a strong focus on sharing. This should include multi-media content with a focus on photos and video.
- Work with Audience Development Director to report regular data around our social media activity and audience engagement, helping Editorial and Commercial teams evolve their strategies.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Experience in creating and developing a digital presence (blog, video channel, social account etc)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Relevant brand experience or excellent brand knowledge.
- Self-starting, enterprising and ready to deliver ideas.
- Experience in the use of Photoshop
- Experience with video editing and production.
- Some experience with digital and social analytics.
- Basic understanding of Radio X’s key broadcast channels.
- Experience working with commercial partners and sponsors would be advantageous.
- Lives and breathes social media
- Has a passion for music and entertainment
- Keen to work for a busy, fast paced and high profile music brand
- Loves working across different fields : design, video, audio.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you. Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.
Are you interested in this job? Apply here. If you have any questions regarding this job you can call 020 7766 6000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Marketing Report Group on LinkedIn!