[Vacancy] DPG Media is looking for a Senior DevOps Egineer - News Personalisation
DPG Media is directly looking for a:
Senior DevOps Engineer - News Personalisation
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the News Personalisation Area. A team with about 25 engineers, scientists, and research interns. The team is responsible for personalizing the news products across major Dutch and Belgian news titles (Volkskrant, AD, Trouw, Parool, HLN, De Morgen, nu.nl, Tweakers and many others) owned by DPG Media. We are currently working on a completely new product, which will be fully personalised and exposed to millions of users.
What will you be doing?
As DevOps Engineer, you bring best practices to the team and guide your colleagues to grow into seniority via e.g. pair-programming sessions. Your main focus will be to:
- Have a strong focus on automation (infrastructure as code)
- Enable a fast-paced code review process with a proper CI/CD set-up
- Take technical decisions using your experience, preventing the team from going down rabbit holes you have been in before
- Managing complexity and scalability, combined with a proper set up of logging, monitoring and alerting
About the team
In our team, we believe that no-one should be a bottleneck and that knowledge should be spread across people as much as possible. We believe it is vital that everyone should be able to bring in new ideas.
The team trusts the agile scrum process and is very willing to learn from each other. Do you have your own ideas? Great, we love to learn! And we will give you the space to do things ‘the right way’.
From a technology perspective, we are looking for someone proficient with AWS, Terraform, RDB, Kafka, SNS/SQS, Kubernetes, Redis, PySpark, ElasticSearch. If next to that, Python, Node.js (Typescript), Serverless, Lambda, Delta Tables and Lambda architecture ring a bell, you will definitely find this an exciting environment.
- A competitive, experience-based salary
- A one-year or permanent contract
- 36-hour work week
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance)
- A percentage of profit shares
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- 24 paid holiday days
- An excellent pension scheme
- Fully paid functional technical training
- Located in The Netherlands or Belgium
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack
Even more reasons to work at DPG Media
At DPG Media, we work for more than 90 strong news brands, magazines, television shows, radio stations, and online services such as Qmusic, NU.nl, Tweakers, Libelle, and VTM. Although we look like a media group, we are really a tech company. We get digital transformation done.
We offer a high-performing tech workplace where we treasure freedom, from choosing your device to choosing your path. Feel free to be an entrepreneur, an apprentice, a team player, and, of course, to be you. We welcome everyone to apply, whatever your background may be. A great bunch of smart colleagues awaits you and are eager for you to join the team, whether that be a project team, a pub quiz team, or a sports team. Learn what we have to offer you, and if you are curious about your future workplace. And while you’re at it, you can find us on LinkedIn and Twitter too.