[Vacancy] Global is looking for a Broadcast Journalist - Leicester Square, London
Global is directly looking for a:
Broadcast Journalist - Leicester Square, London
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to News Editors - London
Overview of job
Global’s Newsroom in London needs a journalist with a fantastic broadcast voice and great writing skills to be part of a team that produces bulletins including on national radio brands like Capital, Heart and Smooth, as well as content for our rolling news station LBC News. The successful candidate should have plenty of broadcast journalism experience in a radio newsroom.
You'll have a great passion for news, and you will be aware that it happens 24/7, so an understanding this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job is essential. You should be willing to take ownership for being across the news agenda, and able to demonstrate a proven track record in responding to breaking news stories. Flexibility and versatility in the role is vital.
3 best things about the job
- Working on some of the UK’s biggest and most exciting radio stations with a team of talented and hard-working journalists.
- No two days are the same: you’ll be working on a variety of London and national stories.
- This can lead to great career progression.
Measures of success - In the first few months, you would have:
- Grasped the news agenda and produced stand-out content on some of the nation’s biggest radio brands.
- Established yourself as a trusted voice to our audiences.
- Set the standard in the quality of output across our newsroom.
Responsibilities of the role
- The person in this position will have a relevant journalism qualification including a legal understanding - and experience in a radio newsroom working on a bulletin or production desk.
- You’ll have a fantastic voice, write creatively and be able to deliver high quality, relevant, timely and accurate news and current affairs content.
- You’ll help set the on-air and digital agenda on a daily basis.
- You’ll have sound legal judgement and be well-versed in Ofcom’s broadcast regulations and guidelines.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Delivering standout, OFCOM-compliant bulletins which routinely meet and exceed Global standards.
- Pitching and delivering exclusive, original content, either on your own or in collaboration with other team members.
- Understanding the importance of bespoke content across our brand portfolio and be capable of taking responsibility for all editorial decisions with those diverse audiences in mind.
- Responding to changing situations and problem-solving under pressure, to ensure our output is always of the highest standard in all circumstances.
- News happens 24/7 - this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job and flexibility is key.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you. Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.
Are you interested in this job? Apply here. If you have any questions regarding this job you can call 020 7766 6000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Marketing Report Group on LinkedIn!